Reading Comprehension: Great Au Pair Teen Story
Are you interested in improving your reading comprehension skills? Do you enjoy engaging stories about teenagers and their experiences? If so, you're in the right place! In this blog post, we will explore a captivating au pair teen story that will help you enhance your reading skills and expand your vocabulary.
Table of Contents
- What is Au Pair?
- Topic: Reading Skills – Au Pair Teen Story
- Text: Au Pair Teen Story
- English Online Exercises: Au Pair Teen Story Questions
- Open Questions
- Text Summary
- Au Pair Teen Story In Madrid, Spain
What is Au Pair?
By analyzing and interpreting this au pair teen story, you'll have the chance to demonstrate improved reading comprehension skills. Throughout the exercise, you will identify and discuss the main characters, plot, and setting of the story.
Furthermore, critical thinking skills will be essential as you analyze the motivations, conflicts, and resolutions presented in the narrative. At the end of the lesson, you will be able to summarize and retell the story in your own words.
Topic: Reading Skills – Au Pair Teen Story
Level: Beginner and intermediate English Learners
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate improved reading comprehension skills by analyzing and interpreting a short story about an Au Pair teenager.
- Identify and discuss the main characters, plot, and setting of the story.
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyze the motivations, conflicts, and resolutions presented in the story.
- Summarize and retell the story in their own words.
If you're ready to embark on this reading comprehension journey and delve into the captivating world of an au pair teenager, make sure to check out the full lesson plan by following the link provided below. It's time to enhance your reading skills and enjoy a compelling story!
Text: Au Pair Teen Story
Alice is a traveller from France. She wanted to improve her English, so she decided to become an au pair in Britain. Alice lives with a family whose children are very nice. Alice helps the children with their homework and plays with them. She is very careful when she takes them to school. Last week, Alice caught a horrible cold. She stayed in bed for two days.
The family was very kind to her and gave her medicine. They also made her some soup. Alice is feeling better now. She likes living in Britain because she can practise her English every day. She also likes going out with the family on weekends. They go to interesting places and have fun together. Alice is likely to stay in Britain for another year because she's having a great time.
English Online Exercises: Au Pair Teen Story Questions
I. Answer the following question by selecting letter:
2. Why did Alice become an au pair in Britain?
3. What does Alice do for the family she lives with?
4. How does Alice feel about living in Britain?
5. What happened to Alice last week?
6. How long did Alice stay in bed?
7. How did the family help Alice when she was sick?
8. Why does Alice like living in Britain?
9. What does Alice do with the family on weekends?
10. Will Alice stay in Britain for another year?
Read these open questions and answer in your notebook, then check the answers below:
- 1. Why did Alice become an au pair in Britain?
- 2. What does Alice do as an au pair?
- 3. How does Alice take care of the children she lives with?
- 4. What happened to Alice last week?
- 5. How did the family react when Alice got sick?
- 6. What does Alice like about living in Britain?
- 7. Does Alice plan to stay in Britain for a long time?
- Check this: What Is The Metaverse? All You Need To Know!
1. Alice became an au pair in Britain to improve her English. 2. As an au pair, Alice helps the children with their homework and plays with them. 3. Alice is very careful when she takes the children to school. 4. Alice caught a horrible cold last week and stayed in bed for two days. 5. The family was kind to Alice when she got sick, giving her medicine and making her soup. 6. Alice likes living in Britain because she can practice her English every day and go out with the family on weekends. 7. Yes, Alice plans to stay in Britain for another year because she's having a great time.
The story revolves around Alice, a young traveler from France who made the decision to become an au pair in Britain to improve her English. Living with a welcoming family, Alice's daily routine involves assisting the children with their homework and playing with them. She takes great care of the children when she accompanies them to school. However, one week, Alice falls ill with a terrible cold and is confined to bed for two days.
The family takes care of her, providing medicine and homemade soup. Fortunately, Alice recovers and continues to enjoy her time in Britain, as she appreciates the opportunity to practice her English and explore interesting places with the family on weekends.
Au Pair Teen Story In Madrid, Spain
In conclusion, the Au Pair Teen Story is an excellent reading comprehension exercise for intermediate English learners. It provides a relatable setting and engaging characters that keep readers interested and invested in the storyline. The multiple-choice questions at the end of each chapter also help readers test their understanding and assess their progress.
By practicing with this story, learners can improve their vocabulary, grammar, and comprehension skills while enjoying a fun and entertaining story. So why not give it a try and see how much you can learn? Remember, practice makes perfect!