English Basic Shape Names – Vocabulary Lesson
Most of English learning beginners find it difficult to tell the time correctly. In today's post we meet again in another English vocabulary lesson to talk about time whether on how to ask or tell it properly. Besides we will highlight the difference between formal and informal ways.
Table of Contents
Basic English Vocabulary Lesson: Asking and Telling The Time
Parts of an hour:
- Hour = 60 minutes
- Half an hour = 30 minutes
- Third an hour = 20 minutes
- Quarter an hour = 15 minutes
How to ask for time in English?
If you want to ask for time, that will certainly be easier then telling it. However; you must know the adequate expressions and questions. Here are some examples:
How to tell the time in English?
If you want to inform someone about the time, then you should consider these valuable tips to provide correct answers:
- The answer always starts with “It's …”.
- Use o'clock in formal situations, for example: Five o'clock.
- Use “past to”, “to”, “quarter to” properly. (Six past eight = formal, Six eight = informal).
- Minutes are always read before hours.
- At 12:00 A.M, we can use “midday”.
- At 12:00 PM / 00:00, we can use midnight..
This vocabulary lesson is targeted to the beginners to build their basic vocabulary in English and help them speak confidently. Now it's time to let you with this interactive course in the video below. The link to time-related worksheets, activities and games for beginners will be available here soon.
دروس في اللغة الإنجليزية: الوقت: كم الساعة؟ باللغة الانجليزية بالصوت والصورة
???? Here you can listen, repeat and practice simpler answers to tell the different time expressions. ????????
Thanks for your attention. Hope you liked the lesson and see you again in an other English lesson in our coming courses. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletters to receive new tips right to you inbox.